This week we were at orientation with our mission board. We learned a lot, and it is a great time to be reminded of important things, and a time to be encouraged. I just wanted to share some highlights of things I have heard this week.
Brother Trent Cornwell assistant Pastor of Vision Baptist Church teaching on influence.
“If you are going to lead you will have to gain influence. If you will have influence you will have to serve.”
Guest Missionary Jim Roberts to India
- “Take the hard path it will make you tougher.
- Struggles make you stronger.
- Faith isn’t a birthright but it is something that grows stronger through hardship and failure.
- Work hard at the right things.
- If you fail keep trying.
- Dying on the battlefield is the best thing.”
Brother Austin Gardner Pastor of Vision Baptist Church
- God loves you on your worst day.
- Fill your life up with God’s word.
- Keep your hearts and minds focused on God.
Brother Robert Canfield Assistant Pastor of Vision Baptist Church
- Anxiety strangles God’s viewpoint, resulting in fear.
- Anxiety chokes our discernment of the essentials, distracting us.
- Anxiety takes away our ability to relax, so we become unfruitful.
- Anxiety siphons our joy, making us negative and judgmental.